A few thoughts as we wrap up Week 7:
- This is a heck of a group. I am continually impressed by the breadth of knowledge my classmates bring to the program. I’m fascinated as people pull out deep references to designers, or to Gestalt psychology. At the end of the program, we will have the makings of a heck of an agency.
- There is so much to learn. Our brief tours of typography and aesthetics remind me that there’s a lot I don’t know about those topics. We haven’t even touched on coding, or on statistical methods, or anything like that.
- Fitting grad school alongside life is tricky. As I suspected, the thing I’ve had to neglect is fitness.
- The real work is coming. I think we now have a good handle on *why* we’re doing this. I guess the next 97 weeks will be about *how* to do it.
- So far in my web career, I’ve been self-taught. I am really looking forward to having some more formal training. I feel good about joining this program.